VMware Communities
Stefsun
Contributor
Contributor

Congrats Fusion team, got it right this time!

Congratulations Fusion team, the last Fusion 1.1 RC screams.

On my MacBook Pro Santaroza running Leopard, it is so fast I can't believe it.

Nice additions also are the shortcuts to My Computer, the Network and the Control Panel,

the speed both computational and graphics is phenomenal,

and the only thing I would like to see is the ability to choose the primary network interface to use.

No crashes, no problems here, just perfection.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
bgertzfield
Commander
Commander

It's thanks to the great feedback from folks like you that we're pushed to make the improvements that make Fusion better for everyone.

Thanks for the kind words!

There isn't a user interface yet to choose which interface the bridged network binds to (by default it chooses whichever is connected to the Internet), but you can edit the file:

"/Library/Application Support/VMware Fusion/boot.sh"

and look for the lines mentioning 'en0'. Uncomment one and adjust as needed, then run:

"/Library/Application Support/VMware Fusion/boot.sh" --restart

Good luck!

0 Kudos
Stefsun
Contributor
Contributor

You are welcome bgertzfield.

Actually the speed of Fusion1.1 RC in Leopard is bigger than in Tiger, go figure.

Did you guys optimize the build for Leopard, or is Leopard that much better for running Fusion?

As for the "trick with the boot.sh I am aware of it and use it, but it would be good if it made it in to the GUI in a future version.

Keep up the good work.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

I haven't tried Leopard yet, but your posting history suggested very strange system behavior. I think it's more likely that whatever plagued your computer is gone and you're seeing normal behavior Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Stefsun
Contributor
Contributor

Etung actually that is not the case. With the previous 1.1 beta there was an identified slowness problem with the Santaroza Macbook Pros,

and I am quite able to configure any Mac system correctly, believe it or not.

Many people that I know see the same thing, Fusion 1.1 RC being a lot faster in Leopard than in Tiger,

maybe it has to do with the openGL drivers or the 64bit CoreGraphics or something, but it's there, you can test it yourself.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

I was actually referring to your 1.0 and earlier experience, 1.1b1 was a known issue. I wasn't trying to suggest you don't know how to configure your Mac, you sound like a fairly clueful person - just that there was some bizarre conflict in your system. Perhaps Leopard is faster, I'll certainly try once I get a chance.

0 Kudos
Stefsun
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, I wasn't implying you said something wrong.

Fusion 1.0 wasn't fast in the 2D graphics department,

and you can see that's what I was complaining about in my old posts, not the CPU speed which always trashed Parallels.

I changed my Macbook Pro in the meantime of course to a SantaRoza one, so 1.1 beta was reallly bad for me.

With 1.1 RC the 2D graphics are excellent, and it seems that in Leopard is much faster,

and also Fusion's memory after suspending is being reclaimed much faster by the system.

A very solid upgrade indeed.

0 Kudos