VMware Communities
shargh
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Clipboard (Copy and Paste) functionality on "macOS Catalina host / Windows 10 guest" does not work

Hi everyone.

I have my MacBook pro with macOS Catalina (10.15.4) . I have installed VMware Fusion, Professional Version 11.5.5 on it. Now I have installed the Windows 10 Enterprise version as a guest on this Mac. I have installed the VMware tools on the Windows guest through "Virtual Machine --> Install Vmware tools" and the features such as shared Folders are working completely fine there.

However, the shared clipboard functionality is not working and when I click on "Edit" on the vm instance all the copy/paste/delete buttons are greyed out. I can't copy any text from my host Mac to the guest Windows or vice versa.

I tried removing and installing the VMware tools inside the windows couple of times and it didn't help. Even I check the "vmware instance settings --> isolation ---> Enable Copy and Paste" and it has been checked correctly.

Could someone please help me out here? Is it a bug or I am missing any steps?

This issues  has been hugely impacted my speed for working with the windows instance.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
shargh
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I am not sure how, but my problem here resolved. I can now share the clipboard between Mac OS host and Linux and windows 10 guest without any issues.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
shargh
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I am not sure how, but my problem here resolved. I can now share the clipboard between Mac OS host and Linux and windows 10 guest without any issues.

0 Kudos