VMware Communities
espy2
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

CineBench OpenGL really slow - how fix?

(Mac Pro 8-core + NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT) > OS X 10.5.6 > (VMWare Fusion 2.0 + VMWare Tools ) (XP Pro (32 bit) from BootCamp):

I tried running the CineBench benchmark but its OpenGL test, which is fast under another virtualuizer, is unbearably slow under Fusion. Something's drastically wrong - any way to fix this?

I note that "XP Desktop > Properties > Settings" says display adaptor is "VMWare SVGA II" which sounds very general so maybe it doesn't know how to interact properly with my graphic card? DO I need to install some other kind of driver etc. to allow it to take full advantage of that card?

Everything was a fresh install. In fact I started from scratch twice.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

We don't support OpenGL in the guest as yet so you're running software emulated OpenGL. At the moment, only DirectX9.0c is supported.

The VMware SVGA II adaptor is the video card that we present to the guest. It is not possible to run your host video drivers in the guest because the guest cannot see the physical video card at all. Instead, a video driver is supplied with the VMware Guest Tools that provides hardware acceleration support to Windows.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

We don't support OpenGL in the guest as yet so you're running software emulated OpenGL. At the moment, only DirectX9.0c is supported.

The VMware SVGA II adaptor is the video card that we present to the guest. It is not possible to run your host video drivers in the guest because the guest cannot see the physical video card at all. Instead, a video driver is supplied with the VMware Guest Tools that provides hardware acceleration support to Windows.

0 Kudos