VMware Communities
Endorphinity
Contributor
Contributor

Check for updates function: is it broken in 7.1.1?

I'm periodically checking download area for Fusion 7.0 using the link from my browser history, and today I've found 7.1.2 update right there, so I've downloaded it manually from VMWare website. At the same time, just out of curiosity, I've checked for update using appropriate menu item in Fusion 7.1.1 installed on my Mac mini, and it said that 7.1.1 is the latest version available. What's the reason of this mismatch? Why aren't updates added to the appropriate location so that users of older versions can get the update?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hello,

Interesting that you ask as I had filed a similar report a week or so ago for VMware Workstation when the 10.1.1 update was out.

The same thing happened there. When I just checked here for Fusion I do not see the update yet (I'm too lazy to verify for Workstation atm)

What I think that is going on is that the files for the update in the program are a little bit behind on the file distribution via the website.

FWIW I've just re-posted the question but now in the moderator area and will hopefully get a more detailed answer for you soon.

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
Endorphinity
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Wil,

thank you.

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

I never did get an answer, but they did fix the -check for update - download (I installed 7.1.2 that way myself)

Same for VMware Workstation.

As you mentioned (or for anybody else reading this) you can always download manually via this link:

Download VMware Fusion 7

Not as convenient though.

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos