VMware Communities
TechoDunce
Contributor
Contributor

Changing the Ram Setting

Im trying to up the RAM Settings on VMware in Processors & Memory with the Slider control to run Windows 10 and another program I use for my building business. The program tells me I cannot change the settings whilst the VMware is running and must be shut down, yep ok shut down,  then the access to the settings becomes unavailable. I run on MacOs Mojave. Any pro tips for a techo dunce ?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Saying "on VMware" is like saying "on Microsoft" when you could be talking about an Xbox, Azure, Word, a Surface Pro, or any of their other products.

By you mentioning MacOS it seems you are using VMware Fusion - I've reported your post so that moderators know to move it to the correct area.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

Moved your post to VMware Fusion discussions

You can change the RAM settings when you shut down, not suspend, your virtual machine.

--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos