VMware Communities
jwatsonus
Contributor
Contributor

Caps lock problem on Fusion Pro 12.1

Have been running Fusion Pro 12 for a couple of months with no issues on Catalina 10.15.7. Just prompted to upgrade to Fusion Pro 12.1 and now I have a caps lock problem. When I switch focus away from VM to host, caps lock is always on. Happens with Ubuntu 18.04 and Windows 10 guests.

5 Replies
jwatsonus
Contributor
Contributor

FYI, I downgraded back to Fusion Pro 12.0 and the problem goes away.

0 Kudos
nancyz
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi @jwatsonus 

The Caps lock key works on my macOS. Do you have any other input source installed on you macOS host?

0 Kudos
jwatsonus
Contributor
Contributor

I have an Apple wired extended keyboard, a wireless trackpad and a wired mouse. After downgrading to Fusion Prod 12.0 the problem stopped and I am able to work.

0 Kudos
evill1
Contributor
Contributor

@nancyz This caps lock problem came back to haunt me with Fusion version 12.1.2. Win2019Server VM and sometimes caps lock is on (with no led) and sometimes off (with led on). Sometimes reversed. It can also change while using the virtual machine. Very inconvenient and frustrating. I'm using Fusion with my MacBook keyboard.

0 Kudos
Mikero
Community Manager
Community Manager

It's nearly impossible to detect or prevent, basically because of how keyboards work. (caps lock doesn't send an indication from the keyboard that it is on or off, only that it switched from one to the other).

To get out of it, we have a button in the menu.

Menu Bar > Virtual Machine > Send Key > Caps Lock

-
Michael Roy - Product Marketing Engineer: VCF
0 Kudos