VMware Communities
Michelle_M
Contributor
Contributor

Canon DR-5010c

We have just switched ot an all MAC environment -- we need to bring over our Canon High Spped scanner --- we are using OSX 10.5.1 and would try to run WinXP SP2. The software for the scanner would be the lastes verison of Canon's Capture Perfect

We dumped Parallels as unusuable for this application. Can VMware help us -- our only solution seems to keep on PC running just for the scanner and tis is very inefficient -- not to say irratating

Thanks for any help or referrals for further research

Michelle

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Without having tried that exact printer, I can't promise it'll work, but I think it's likely that it will. You can try a free trial version of Fusion to see if it meets your needs.

http://www.vmware.com/download/fusion/

0 Kudos
Michelle_M
Contributor
Contributor

So with Fusion - I install on my MAC and then install WinXP sp2 and then the drivers for my scanner under winxp and then the software which drives the scanner - under winxp

is that correct?

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Right. You should also make sure the DR-5010c is connected to the virtual machine (it should show a glowing blue USB icon, you can toggle whether it's connected by clicking on it or via Virtual Machine > USB).

0 Kudos