VMware Communities
cpatch
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Cannot recreate Boot Camp Volume in Fusion 6

I've been successfully using Fusion 5 with Bootcamp since it came out. I upgraded to 6 today and it had me delete my VMWare Bootcamp file and recreate it. When I go to recreate it, on the "Choose a Boot Camp Volume" screen the BOOTCAMP disk icon has a warning icon next to it with the text "If another virtual machine is using the disk, it must be powered off first." No virtual machines are running and I've rebooted my Mac. I cannot get past the screen....if I select the volume and the "Create a Boot Camp Virtual Machine" option the Continue button remains grayed out.

Craig

Tags (2)
22 Replies
jim_gill
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Daveyw,

VMware posted Fusion 6.0.1 this morning. It includes two modifications to Boot Camp VM support: it explicitly recognizes and works with Tuxera and Paragon NTFS products (no need to disable them any longer) and it has support for the smaller GPT partition table that some folks who've had 6.0 Boot Camp issues seem to have had. Start Fusion 6 and it should offer the update automatically. 6.0.1 is a no-charge update for Fusion 6 owners.

0 Kudos
daveyw
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks Jim.  I upgraded to VMware Fusion 6.0.1 - but it still wouldn't create a VM from BootCamp - so I shutdown and booted in to BootCamp which ran ok - shutdown Windows, and booted in to Mac OSX but still wouldn't create a VM from BootCamp - so I checked and my Paragon NTFS was still disabled, so I enabled Paragon NTFS (I'm running v9.5.2), but still no luck - so I shutdown Mac OSX and booted into Mac OSX again (and this time the Paragon NTFS would have loaded at startup) - and then I was able to create a VM from BootCamp - and now ok.

0 Kudos
caspat
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Have this problem too,

sudo /Applications/VMware\ Fusion.app/Contents/Library/vmware-rawdiskCreator print /dev/disk0

Password:

Nr      Start       Size Type Id Sytem                  

-- ---------- ---------- ---- -- ------------------------

1         40     409600  GPT EE Efi System

2     409640  117188792  GPT EE Apple HFS

3  117598432    1269536  GPT EE Unknown

4  118867968  118108160  GPT EE Basic Data

0 Kudos