VMware Communities
geyien
Contributor
Contributor

Cannot purchase Fusion 5 online

Hi,

I think Digital River has blacklisted me for some reason.

I cannot buy VMWare Fusion 5 online using either of my two credit cards or my Paypal account.

This happened with WMWare Fusion 4 too.

I'd love to purchase and use this product but cannot.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

If you are in the US try calling: 1-877-486-9273

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

I don't think anybody on the user forums can help.

You should see a phone number and/or email link in the store (on the right hand side) which you may want to contact to ask for help.

André

0 Kudos
geyien
Contributor
Contributor

I live in Hong Kong.

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

English Language Support
  • 3071 4610
Local Language Support
  • 8101 8178
0 Kudos
geyien
Contributor
Contributor

I called VMWare and they said that it is nothing to do with them, the problem lies with their online payment handler, Digital River.

So I called Digital River and they said there is nothing they can do as my name and account are flagged as "at risk", probably because I once bought a copy of VMWare previously a long time ago while travelling overseas using an unusual IP address.

So, I'm in the odd position of wanting to pay for and support this VMWare Fusion product but being totally unable to do so.

Unless VMWare changes to or adds another payment handler, they've lost a customer.  Not that they will miss just one person though, LOL.

A quick search on the Internet reveals that this "payment authorization failed" problem I'm having with Digital River is not uncommon.

OK, good luck everybody, and thanks for taking time to respond.  Sorry I can't join you in using and supporting this product.

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

geyien wrote:

I called VMWare and they said that it is nothing to do with them, the problem lies with their online payment handler, Digital River.

So I called Digital River and they said there is nothing they can do as my name and account are flagged as "at risk", probably because I once bought a copy of VMWare previously a long time ago while travelling overseas using an unusual IP address.

Sorry but I don't agree with "while travelling overseas using an unusual IP address" and if it were me I expect to get the exact and real reason from Digital River why the account is flagged.  You could wait until a boxed version is available at the Apple store in Hong Kong. Smiley Wink

Apple Store
International Finance Center
8 Finance Street
Central, Hong Kong
3972-1500

Store hours: Mon - Sun: 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.

0 Kudos
jcmoreno
Contributor
Contributor

I have the exact same problem. I live in Puerto Rico; which is a US territory, and it's a nearly

impossible ordeal for me to purchase a VMWare license. I must have tried over ten times by now

with no success at all.

VMWare is an indispensable tool for me. Do I have to go through a VPN to purchase it.

This is really agravating me. I mean it's never been so hard to give someone money in My life.

0 Kudos
blah1234
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here.

I have purchsed several products from Vmware in the past with no problems, but now I am working in Spain on a project and this Digital River company is blocking all my forms of payment as well. Super frustrating. You know, in a slow economy, I'm thinking a good business model would be to make it harder for your cusomters to acquire your products.

Smart thinking VMware ...

0 Kudos
vipinternet
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue as all the above I can`t buy as the system rejects and I only have 5 days left on my eval ! I phones the UK Sales and just wait and wait on the line. Why is it so difficult to pay someone money.

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

vipinternet wrote: Same issue as all the above I can`t buy as the system rejects and I only have 5 days left on my eval ! I phones the UK Sales and just wait and wait on the line. Why is it so difficult to pay someone money.

As André already mentioned "I don't think anybody on the user forums can help" (with this particular issue that is) and if you cannot talk to someone on the phone or email then consider a reputable third party online reseller or... Are you anywhere near a physical retailer where you can purchase a physical boxed version?

0 Kudos
changhai
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Thanks a lot for your information and Woodzy!

We are aware of the issue and will response you back soon.

Best Regards,

changhai

0 Kudos