VMware Communities
mjtomlin
Contributor
Contributor

Cannot install Fusion on macOS Catalina

Getting a weird error while trying to install Fusion on macOS Catalina...

Untitled.png

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

What hardware are you installing on?  Are you installing as an administrator via the installer app?

0 Kudos
trifpsu
Contributor
Contributor

That's a common crash when an app provisioning isn't correct isn't working properly. I would download a fresh copy of fusion 12, upgrade Catalina to 10.15.7, try to install it again.

Is this on a hackintosh? I've seen issues with the CatalinaPatcher that cause this kind of error too.

0 Kudos
mjtomlin
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I am an administrator... It's an iMac, 27", i7, late 2009.

0 Kudos
mjtomlin
Contributor
Contributor

I did use the Catalina patcher as my system is not supported - too old. I'm guessing that is probably the problem.

I don't have an option to upgrade to 15.7 ?

0 Kudos
trifpsu
Contributor
Contributor

It could be a Catalina patcher bug. Their website may have some workarounds on the code signing issue. I confused CatalinaPatcher (for unsupported Macs) with the software for installing on non apple hardware.  the Patcher would block the 10.15.7 update. I think it was for supported Mac hw issues anyway.   Good luck.

0 Kudos
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

It's highly unlikely you'll have good results running Fusion on an unsupported system.

Regardless, discussion of circumventing Apple's EULA isn't allowed in these forums.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Thread locked based on the Apple EULA violation.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos