VMware Communities
Andersdan
Contributor
Contributor

Cannot get internet connectivity in my Windows platform, 3rd time happening

As above, installed VMware in September after Parallels went awry with service. 

At first, VMware was fantastic. Then the problems began, and now I cannot get help nor figure out how to purchase a single incident ticket (again) to solve the same problem that occurred two times already in October.

Need help figuring out how to solve the issue permanently or how to buy a support incident to solve the problem.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
22 Replies
CafNetMatt
Contributor
Contributor

I downgraded to 12.2.0 and have stayed there.  My issues went away.

I check periodically to see if there's an update but 12.2.1 still pops up.

I hope VMware gets the bugs worked out.  It's really disappointing to see how badly VMware had adapted to the changes made by Apple when they deployed Catalina.

0 Kudos
fiorillo
Contributor
Contributor

I downgraded to 12.2 and it did not resolve the issue.  I was able to downgrade to 12.1.2 after downgrading my VM version and now the network is working.  VMWARE please find this issue and put it on your list to fix.

0 Kudos
CafNetMatt
Contributor
Contributor

I realize I'm bumping an old topic but what I found is relevant just in case anyone else finds this post.

What I found was that my wireless was causing the issue.  I had to disable broadcast filtering and proxy completely for DHCP to work properly.  The DHCP request was forwarded but the reply back got filtered.  It has to do with the actual host MAC being used for one thing and the VM MAC in the DHCP request.

I've also read that if you have DHCP snooping on a wired network you'll have the same issue.

I'm using Aruba Instant APs but I've found posts related to this from pretty much every vendor.

0 Kudos