VMware Communities
dmlash
Contributor
Contributor

Cannot configure more than 4GB of RAM for Fusion 11.5.2 Windows 10 64-bit 1909 guest

Running Catalina 10.15.2 on my MacBook Pro with 16GB physical RAM. and Fusion 11.5.2.  When I configure VM Properties for my Windows 10 (1909) 64-bit guest I can select a value higher than 4GB RAM (VM powered off) but the value will not save.  Once I start the VM, it reverts to 4GB RAM. Is there any way to overcome this apparent limitation?

Updated info:  Guest is set as Windows 10 64--bit and was originally installed as Windows 10 with Build 18363.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

What's the guest type set to in the VM settings?  If it was upgraded from an older version of windows with a 4GB cap, that might be what the problem is.

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

Are you sure your settings in the virtual machine configuration are set to 64 bit?

Eg. With the VM shut down, go to menu "virtual Machine" -> "Settings" -> "General"

pastedImage_0.png

It sounds to me like your machine is configured for "Windows 10" (the 32 bit variant) instead of "Windows 10 x64"

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos