VMware Communities
IanG
Contributor
Contributor

Cannot access machine on host-only network

I am running OS X 10.8.4 and Fusion 5.0.3.

I have two guests VMs running Windows 2008 R2. One of the Windows server is a domain controller and DNS server, while the other does not run any services.

Both VMs are configured with "Host-only" network adapter setting that are "Private to my mac". There are no problems communicating over the network between them.

I now have the need for one of the servers (the one that is not running any services) to connect to the internet, so I configured another network adapter but this time as NAT that is "Shared with my Mac".

I am able to get to the internet but now cannot get to the other windows server on my private network. If I temporarily disable the NAT adapter, then I can get to the other windows server on my private network.

What must I do so that I can get to both the internet and to the server on my private network?

Thanks in advance,

Ian

0 Kudos
2 Replies
IanG
Contributor
Contributor

If someone can point me to an article that describes how to configure the network adapters under Fusion so that I can access both the internet and machines on a private LAN, I would greatly appreciate it.

0 Kudos
nancyz
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Ian,

I think you could put all your VMs in NAT if you want them get internet. Perhaps it's impossible if you want your NAT VMs to communicate with your private (host-only) VMs.

0 Kudos