VMware Communities
samtlila
Contributor
Contributor

Cannot Create any free Space Windows 10

I cant seem to find any way to resolve this issue. 

I am using windows 10 Pro.  on VM Ware 12.0.0

I started off with a 60gb virtual disk & noticed that there was not much free space left.   I thought it was a little odd that there was not much space left as the machine is only used as a server & no documents or other data is stored on the machine.

I decided to enlarge the virtual disk in settings/ hard disk to 160gb  to give a good amount of space.  However, when I did this, disk management still showed as 0% free still?  Even when  I have added no files to the machine?  

I have looked through various fixes to try & resolve this issue.  I  have tried many partitioning apps & processes such as incremental virtual disk size increases.   have also tried to expand the disk in disk management but no matter what I do there is still 0% free?  now have a 189gb virtual disk but 0% free!

Please can anyone help me with how to resolve this?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@samtlila 

What size does Disk Management show the disk as? Posting a screenshot may help others.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos