VMware Communities
pdxrealtor
Contributor
Contributor

Can we now share the MAC / Host network connection with Windows XP??

I need to share the mac connection when in the field.... has this problem been fixed???

0 Kudos
3 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Have a look at:

0 Kudos
pdxrealtor
Contributor
Contributor

In the past- an Apple update made it impossible to share the host network connection with the guest (nat connection). The solution was to bridge the connection, which I think made it so the host and guest each used their own connection, meaning you had to configure the network in each OS.

When in the field, I have a connection that ONLY works on the mac, but I need to access it from the guest (windows XP). This would be no problem if the NAT connection problem has been fixed.

I have updated to the latest version of VM Ware and Mac OS 10.5.6.

I hope this is enough info.... sorrr for the short first quesiton.

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

I do not know what apple update you're talking about and I have no Network Connectivity issue/problems of any type using Fusion 2.0.4 and OS X 10.5.6 in any combination of ways so unless you can provide explicit and specific information as to how you have what configured and what is failing and any error messages, exact wording and work for word, etc, etc then there is not enough information to help with whatever issue/problem you might have.

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling VMware Fusion?

0 Kudos