VMware Communities
grwisher
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can't see other computers on the network

I am running Windows XP professional in Fusion. I am joined to WORKGROUP and have my C: drive shared. In Windows explorer, I can see my MacBook, another virtual Windows computer (2000 Server) and it's C: drive.

I can see only 1 Windows computer (of 5 others), but can't access it due to permissions. All of the other Windows computers can see the MacBook, but cannot see the Fusion virtual Windows computers.

Any Ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

No, this is a Fusion setting. Go to Virtual Machine > Settings > Network or click on the network icon in Fusion's status bar, and choose Bridged. You may have to poke the guest to get it to recognize the change; the easiest way is to reboot the guest.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Try using bridged networking.

grwisher
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Some of my Googling has suggested the bridge network. However, I am not familiar with this technique.

I have gone into the Xp control panel, networking and have seen the Bridge choice, but do not know what to do next.

Am I on the right track?

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

No, this is a Fusion setting. Go to Virtual Machine > Settings > Network or click on the network icon in Fusion's status bar, and choose Bridged. You may have to poke the guest to get it to recognize the change; the easiest way is to reboot the guest.

0 Kudos
grwisher
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Worked fine. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos