VMware Communities
Fosa
Contributor
Contributor

Can't print with okipage14ex! Everything seems fine and i can't find the problem!

Hi there!

I have a macbook pro late 13 and an Okipage 14ex printer (usb printer).  While this printer is not supported for mavericks (it requires a powerpc application for the install and mavericks doesn't support ppc) i tried to use it through vmware fusion where i have windows 7 x64 installed. I downloaded the drivers via windows and plug and play, the printer is recognized from my system and seems ready. When i try to print it doesn't print and the print process says "problem, can't print". I found some solutions in this site like, download again vmware tools, i tried to change the gate of the printer, i turned off the choice which enables printer in both mac and windows. I don't know what else to do! Please help me.

Thank you!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
digitaldybbuk
Contributor
Contributor

Are you saying it recognizes the printer but does not print?

"Problem, Can't Print" <-- is this the original message?

-MC
0 Kudos
Fosa
Contributor
Contributor

Yes it recognizes the printer but doesn't print. The message "Problem, Can't print" is shown in the print process. When i tried to print with macintosh i saw a message "Can't send data to printer" so i think this is what is happening. And it's true since the printer is recognized, it has all the necessary drivers but it can't receive the data to print.

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Fosa wrote: ... i tried to change the gate of the printer, i turned off the choice which enables printer in both mac and windows.

Not sure what the reference to "change the gate of the printer" is however you also said "i turned off the choice which enables printer in both mac and windows" and this certainly sounds like the problem.  In other words, if it's not enabled to print in either OS X or Windows... well then you need to connect the Printer directly to Windows since it doesn't have drivers in OS X and enable it to print in Windows! Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Fosa
Contributor
Contributor

When i say gate i mean in the options of the printer, the section where you have choices like: ThinPrint, virtual usb, etc (the right word is port). But i don't think it has any difference because i tried all the combinations. I also tried with both options: enabled in both mac and windows, or enable only in windows. When i selected only in windows then i downloaded automatically drivers from the internet and tried to print in Windows but no luck! I really can't find a solution and it is very annoying! I know that the printer is old but since it worked in a pc with windows it should also work in vmware fusion running windows!

Could it be a problem that windows are not activated? I had a serial from the university but i installed windows to another pc. Can't i use the same product key to install the .iso again to another pc (vmware fusion) ?

Update: Activated windows but nothing changed!

0 Kudos
Fosa
Contributor
Contributor

SOLVED: I switched to Parallels!

0 Kudos