VMware Communities
MyPcLab
Contributor
Contributor

Can't join the client workstation from physical pc to DC on mware

hi! i have a host pc running a windows2010pro, on this same pc i have a windows server2016(DC) running in virtualbox. so i want to connect this same physical PC to the DC thats running on vmware. the problem is i can't joint the client(physical machine) to the DC (virtual machine). eventhough i can ping the server from client but i can't ping client from the server.

on the server i gave it the static ip address of:192.168.1.2/24, gateway:192.168.1.1,DNS:192.168.1.2 and the network adapter in on  Bridged Network.

and on Client(physical PC) ip add is 192.168.1.5/24, gateway 192.168.1.1,

DNS: 192.168.1.2.

please note that this is just a small lab am trging to create in order to practice on server administration.

can you please assist me. thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You say your physical host is Win10 and your Server 2016 VM is on VirtualBox.

Since you posted this thread in the Fusion (for Mac) area, I'm confused.

What VMware product are you using, and how is that VMware product involved in this setup?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
MyPcLab
Contributor
Contributor

hi Scott thanks for yo reply. its actually working i managed to join the host pc to the DC thats running on the virtualbox. but nw an other probem is i had to restart this host pc in order for the change to take effect  however after restarting the pc i can't log into domain there is no simply connection to the domain i understand coz the DC is on off as its on virtualbox so i first need to loginto my local account which is not working.

WOULD YOU PLEASE ASSIST ME ON HOW TO LOGIN TO LOCAL ACCOUNT OF A HOST PC THAT DOESNT HAVE CONNECTION TO DC?

0 Kudos
MyPcLab
Contributor
Contributor

please note that ICT.COM is my domain Name. but there is no currently connection to DC. since the DC is on virtual machine thats off (vmware off)on my hist PC

0 Kudos
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

Definitely the wrong forum - this is for Fusion (Mac) software.  You might try posting over in the workstation forum instead.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

If you’re not using ANY VMware products I am wondering why you posted this issue on a VMware forum.

As a moderator, I could move the thread to an area here that is dedicated to guest OS issues for Windows, but even then I think you’re better posting your questions on a Microsoft or VirtualBox forum.

Thread locked.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos