VMware Communities
amuir2k
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can't install VMware Fusion 11 Pro on High Sierra?

I had to reinstall VMware Fusion 11 Pro on my 2018 MacBook Pro and the installer gets about 5 seconds in to the install and then throws up a "File not found" dialog box (see attachment).  The installer is fresh download from VMware, so it should be fine. It looks like VMWare has permission to install, but something is wrong.  Do I need to disable SIP to get the install to work?

Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 10.52.54 PM.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
zhus
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Ah~ You have installed it successfully.

I guess there is a VM name in you VMLibrary which has lost the link to a valid VM bundle. That is why the message pops up while launching fusion.

If you see this message, just click the OK button to close it, and press Cmd+Shift+L, you can see the VMLibrary there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
zhus
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Ah~ You have installed it successfully.

I guess there is a VM name in you VMLibrary which has lost the link to a valid VM bundle. That is why the message pops up while launching fusion.

If you see this message, just click the OK button to close it, and press Cmd+Shift+L, you can see the VMLibrary there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

amuir2k
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Zhus,

Thank you so much, you are correct, and everything works once deleted the lost library item; I feel a little silly not realizing it had completed the install.

Regards,

ART

0 Kudos