VMware Communities
onpoint331
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can't install MS Office from DVD

Installed Fusion 4 on my intel imac. I connected to my PC but it wouldn't transfer over system for nothing. So I installed windows 7 from DVD onto mac. I used easy transfer to create a back up of my original PC onto an external HD. It's a .mig file. I went and got my original MS Office/Publisher 2007 install disks and when I put the install disk 1 in, selecting auto run or set up results in nada. Can't install. All the files show as 0KB. Corel is installing and it's from 1999! All I want is office, creative suite, corel and webroot. Nothing else. I should note that all my apps are academic version (my wife is a teacher) but shouldn't matter as far as I know. Any help appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You need to click on the Processes tab and see if there are any occurrences of iexplorer.exe.  Note: You may need to click show all processes too.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

If for some reason the physical optical media is not working then try making an ISO image and assign the ISO image to the CD/DVD and try installing from it.

To create an ISO Image using Disk Utility...

1. Insert the CD or DVD disc in your computer's optical drive.
2. Open Disk Utility (/Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility).
3. Select the CD or DVD disc in the list of disks and volumes.
4. Choose File > New > "Disk Image from (Name of Disc)."
5. Type a name for the disc image.
6. Choose "DVD/CD master" from the Image Format pop-up menu.
7. Choose "none" from the Encryption pop-up menu.
8. Click Save.

0 Kudos
onpoint331
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks, I'll give it a go. I have two install dvds. I assume I need an ISO of each disk. Also, I assume I'm saving to the desktop and not creating a new dvd. Please confirm.

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Yes you'd need to create an ISO Image for each Disc and it is just a binary file and can be saved wherever you want (that you have Read & Write permissions) and is used as a file assigned to the CD/DVD in the Virtual Machine's Settings, not burnt to optical media.  You also can delete the files when done.

0 Kudos
onpoint331
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

After a few updates on windows and after installing corel first, fusions is now recognizing the windows dvd. Install in progress. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
onpoint331
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

OK. I downloaded CS5 payload, the install is 99% complete when I get a prompt to close explorer. Explorer isn't even open. I used FF to download the payload. I quit fusion and restarted but I'm still stuck at 99% with no way to get the last 1% done. I'm using Chrome to post this. I don't see an option to quit explorer like you would on the mac side.

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Look in Task Manager and see if there are any occurrences of Internet Explorer running even though no GUI for it is showing.  Right-click the Windows Taskbar and a Task Manager entry should appear on the context menu or click Send Crtl-Alt-Del from the Virtual Machine menu.

0 Kudos
onpoint331
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

When I open taskbar all I see is CS install.

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You need to click on the Processes tab and see if there are any occurrences of iexplorer.exe.  Note: You may need to click show all processes too.

0 Kudos