VMware Communities
ThricePence
Contributor
Contributor

Can't forward Android phone to Ubuntu guest

Hello,

I'm a mobile developer trying out VMWare Fusion 6 on my Macbook Pro (Late 2011), specifically for running a Linux guest (Ubuntu 12.04). For some reason, when I connect my HTC One, VMWare asks me what system to connect to, and after choosing Linux, it fails to be recognized. It seems it's repeatedly attempting to connect since I see the "MTP Mode Enabled" notification flicker on the phone.

I'm trialing both VMWare and Parallels, and although Fusion has better multi-monitor support, Parallels has no problem forwarding the phone. Unfortunately, it's a dealbreaker for me unless I can get the phone to connect. Could anyone point me in the right direction, perhaps to a log file for further debugging?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
karthikg2013
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi ThricePence,

Follow the KB article -  VMware KB: Troubleshooting USB devices using USB quirks in Fusion

In case the USB quirks don't help, collect the logs as mentioned in the article above and post it on this thread for further investigation.

Note: Use the "Use advanced editor" link in the upper right corner of the normal reply window to bring up the Advanced Editor where you'll be able to attach files via the Choose File button or Browse button (depending on the Browser) above the Post Message button!

This might help since some have reported issues related to USB with VMware Fusion 6.0.2 can you try to see if VMware Fusion 6.0.1 helps?

You can download it from the link below:

https://my.vmware.com/group/vmware/details?productId=361&rPId=4535&downloadGroup=FUS-601

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

0 Kudos