VMware Communities
yebdox
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can't drag files across desktops, now

I upgraded one of my Macs (Ihave 6 licenses for work) to Fusion 8, but am now unable to drag images/ documents across the window borders to the Mac desktop, as the simplest way of sharing, which I was able to do with version 7 (and I think with Version 8 on a machine I upgraded a few months ago. )

I had to set sharing to my Mac Documents folder, then create a special folder to drop files into from there, which works fine, but it used to be as easy as drag and drop to the Mac Desktop, and the support files suggest that this should still work, but does not. I hit the boundary of the Fusion window and cannot drag across.

Any suggestions on what is wrong?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Darcyz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi yebdox,

Welcome to Fusion Community.

Drag file function is control by VMware Tools.

Have you tried uninstalling VMware Tools and then reinstalling them? Reboot your Guest OS virtual machine between each step.

If it doesn't work , please let me know your host and guest environment,  I will give your more details.

Cheers

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Darcyz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi yebdox,

Welcome to Fusion Community.

Drag file function is control by VMware Tools.

Have you tried uninstalling VMware Tools and then reinstalling them? Reboot your Guest OS virtual machine between each step.

If it doesn't work , please let me know your host and guest environment,  I will give your more details.

Cheers

0 Kudos
yebdox
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks, couldn't find where to uninstall it, but the install button was available, so I re-installed it, shut down, booted up and it works. (I did install it originally, but maybe it didn't take.) I figured that it should still have been possible, since my machine at work has had version 8 onboard for a while and it was never an issue.

That's all, folks!

0 Kudos