VMware Communities
clayj
Contributor
Contributor

Can't Order 3.0 Upgrade

"Our records indicate that you have no eligible registered products to upgrade. To complete your upgrade order, please register a compatible product."

My VMware Fusion 1.0 is registered. Why am I getting this error when I try to order the upgrade? This is VERY frustrating, especially as I've taken a day off work in order to do this upgrade.

0 Kudos
25 Replies
paklonder
Contributor
Contributor

It's not only a technical issue (which it is grave enough) You have not even checked normal processes, like, for example, sending upgrade discounts to active beta testers BEFORE the upgrade is available. Shouldn't have we gotten this information YESTERDAY?

It this is the way you handle the launch, I am already weary of what we will find when we start using the software. No wonder you are making software maintenance available... botched up 3.0 means 4.0 in less than a year. Way to skim revenue from loyal customers.

Very disappointed.

0 Kudos
woodmeister
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Now things are getting even worse. Their system barfs after pressing

the update button! What next?

0 Kudos
ChipMcK
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

You got an Update Button? Progress!! The IBM way!

0 Kudos
hanzov69
Contributor
Contributor

Check the VMWareFusion twitter feed:

http://twitter.com/vmwarefusion

JN28P-7UJ8M-H8K33-0202P-9EPH4

0 Kudos
marklewis
Contributor
Contributor

It's not just licensing issues. Your website presents an error page as soon as I attempt to buy the upgrade. This is an impossible situation when my current beta license expires in 5 days.

Mark

0 Kudos
ChipMcK
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Suddenly, received eMail that promises activation of Trail copy.

With the eMail

Check out our videos

Learn more about VMware Fusion and how to get started:

VMware Fusion Overview

What’s New in VMware Fusion 3

How to Move your PC to a Mac

They are all the video! Way to go!

Update:

Got Eval copy - key and code - and activated last evening.

This morning was able to do the upgrade.

28-10-2009

0 Kudos