VMware Communities
re2st
Contributor
Contributor

Can't Get Logitech Quickcam Orbit to Work

For the life of me, can't get the Quickcam application (or any application for that matter) to detect the camera. When I connect the device, it made the sound (Windows sound telling you a new hardware is connected), and the camera does make some noise and rotating around indicating that it is connected. But the application tells me that no camera is detected.

My Fusion is using Bootcamp partition, and the camera works flawlesly on Bootcamp side.

The camera also works on Mac perfectly.

What gives?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
re2st
Contributor
Contributor

bump.

anyone?

0 Kudos
rob_turner
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue with QuickCAm Ultra Vision SE (i.e. BootCamp works fine, Fusion indicates USB device connected but Logitech Software does not see the device).

0 Kudos
bbarnt
Contributor
Contributor

The same thing happens with a QuickCam for Notebooks Pro. This is another UVC camera. It shows up a Logitech Camera in Fusion 1.1.1, and Windows XP successfully identifies it (i.e. it shows up in USBView correctly), but none of the video software recognizes that it is present. This seems like a USB issue with Fusion.

The same camera and software works with XP on my work notebook, and my old Windows 2000 desktop.

0 Kudos
kitegirl
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

Does anyone have an answer for this. I am running VMWare Fusion (windows XP) on macbook pro running Tiger (no Bootcam). Mac reads the quickcam perfectly - But Windows makes the noise of camera finding it - it says so in the status bar. The Quickcam installed "successfully" but it just can't find the camera when it's own application runs, or skype or anything else. I am currently using the in-built isight in Skype on Windows via VMWare fusion - but I specifically bought the logitech because of it's compatability with windows XP and better resolution. Irony is i now have a new windows camera working on my mac, but not on windows. Please help me if any of you know a work around!! - I am at a loss....

0 Kudos