VMware Communities
slgarwood
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Can not upgrade from 11.1.1 Pro to 11.5 Pro?

You got to be kidding me -

I want to upgrade my Fusion 11.1.1 Pro (which was an upgrade from 10.x). The order system says in effect 'nope - you need a non-upgraded license key for 11.1.1'

This is enough to make me move back to Parallels - at least there you know you are going to get screwed over.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

The Fusion 11.x license key should work with Fusion 11.5.

Have you tried downloading from here?

Download VMware Fusion | VMware

It should use your already registered license after install. FWIW, the trial is the full version. It's just another page from which you can download.

edit: The page it shows for upgrading when you click on starting Fusion 11.1.x is VERY confusing as it suggest you have to go buy again, which you do not have to do at all.

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
slgarwood
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks - I'll give that a whirl ...

I notice that Fusion under the About Fusion menu item does not say 'Fusion Pro" ... hmmm wonder what one I got

Under 11.1.1 it says it is a Pro license.

0 Kudos
slgarwood
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Update - now it says its a Pro version ... maybe license server was just slow... :smileyconfused:

0 Kudos
rol801
Contributor
Contributor

Similar here. I'm using 11.1.1 (Not Pro) Web page also said there's no upgradeable licnese....

What the Helll....

0 Kudos
hkang
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi rol801, you can download Fusion 11.5 dmg installer from Download VMware Fusion | VMware for upgrade. Fusion 11.5 is not a in place upgrade for earlier Fusion 11.x versions and needs a dmg installer for upgrade.

0 Kudos