VMware Communities
lobsa
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can i have Virtual machine installed in Vmware fusion with same network address as host OS

I have configured two Mac book with installed VMware fusion connected by same wifi network.

Both VMware fusion is installed with centos and suse linux OS. But i came to knew that Network address  for OS within each vmware are from different network.

Right now both my mac are allocated local ip address as 192.168.1.38 and 192.168.1 and 192.168.1.42 through wifi (ie 192.168.1.0 network)

but both Linux os installed within VMWARE FUSION are in different ip network ie 192.168.211.128 and 192.168.188.131

Is it possible to allocate all os in same ip network address  (network adapter in all virtual machine are set to NAT)

e.g. all in 192.168.1.0 network

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Welcome to the Community,

thee are basically 3 option for a VM's network virtual adapters, Bridged, NAT, and Host-Only. If you want to have the VMs in the same subnet as the hosts (i.e. in your LAN), then Bridged is what you want to configure for the VMs. (see Understanding networking types in VMware Fusion (1022264) | VMware KB)

André

View solution in original post

2 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Welcome to the Community,

thee are basically 3 option for a VM's network virtual adapters, Bridged, NAT, and Host-Only. If you want to have the VMs in the same subnet as the hosts (i.e. in your LAN), then Bridged is what you want to configure for the VMs. (see Understanding networking types in VMware Fusion (1022264) | VMware KB)

André

lobsa
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks André

i am new to this vmware technology and quite interested . how good are these technology related to networking and where stand this virtual technology in current market

0 Kudos