VMware Communities
ststephen67
Contributor
Contributor

Can a corrupted Windows Vista, in my VM, be fixed?

This is related to my previous Q just posted: Fusion 4/Vista Business 32 bit VM.

Question: Can the corrupted Windows Vista, in my original VM, be fixed with the original Vista Install disk, or by some other means? Vista was reinstalled in a corrupted state, from a time machine backup, and  will not do a regular reboot, or reboot in any of the 4 safer mode choices, when that window appears. Nor will it self repair. Thanks. Please reply to   sfas@optonline.net

0 Kudos
1 Reply
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

It depends on what the exact issue is with the corrupted Virtual Machine as to whether or not a repair install of an OS is going to work or not.  You certainly can give it a try although to help figure out what is what, the best way to provide comprehensive diagnostic information is to use the "Collect Support Information" command from the VMware Fusion (menu bar) > Help > Collect Support Information and then attach the .tgz file it created on your Desktop to a reply post.

Note: You'll have to use the "Use advanced editor" link in the upper right corner of the normal reply window to bring up the Advanced Editor where you'll be able to attach files via the Choose File button or Browse button (depending on the Browser) above the Post Message button!

0 Kudos