VMware Communities
snocountry
Contributor
Contributor

Can VMware run on top of Leopard Server...?

Hello,

Simple question, can VMware run on top of Leopard Server...?

I do NOT mean loading Leopard Server in a VM.

I just need a Leopard Server machine to have VMWare and run Vista and XP in the VM...

Thanks in advance

Michael

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
borisdusek
Expert
Expert

Since the minimum system requirements state: "Mac OS X 10.4.11 or later.", and since Leopard Server (being Mac OS X 10.5.x) satisfies this condition, the answer is ... yes. And since there is a 30-day trial available for Fusion, you can try and see yourself without taking anyone's word for it Smiley Wink

snocountry
Contributor
Contributor

Hey borisdusek,

Thanks for the response...

I read the same statement and concluded the same thing.

But I would get a warm and fuzzy feeling inside if I heard from someone who had actually tried this setup, before I purchase Leopard Server & VMware for myself.

Thanks again..

0 Kudos
borisdusek
Expert
Expert

OK Michael, I see, I take it from VMware's perspective that if I were VMware and it had a restriction to not run on Server, they I would say so in a section called "Minimum system requirements". I thought you already have Leopard Server, now I understand your feeling.

I hope someone will come in and tell how they are running Fusion on top of Leopard Server without any problems. Boris

0 Kudos
Iol
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Fusion runs fine on Leopard server, tested for the 1.x and 2.0 release of VMware Fusion and OS X Server since 10.5.2 till now (10.5.5) - no issues so far, same stability and behaviour as on Leopard (non-Server)

Hope that helped you making the decission.

0 Kudos