VMware Communities
junk97account
Contributor
Contributor

Can I delete the .vmdk files I created when moving from Parallels to VM Fusion?

New user, hoping VM Fusion works better than Parallels.

Thanks in advance for the help to the above question.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

It's unclear what you're asking. Which .vmdk files? How were they created? Why do you think you can delete them?

0 Kudos
junk97account
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the follow up, after a little more reading I now understand that the .vmdk files are what run Fusion and not just created in the conversion from Parallels.

My MBP came with Parallels on it and I am switching fully to VM Fusion. Now that I have Fusion up and running (XP) can I delete the Parallels program and files? The Parallels folder in my Documents is over 6GB (including the winXP.hdd) and I was hoping I might be able to clear that up now that Fusion is working well.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

My MBP came with Parallels on it and I am switching fully to VM Fusion. Now that I have Fusion up and running (XP) can I delete the Parallels program and files? The Parallels folder in my Documents is over 6GB (including the winXP.hdd) and I was hoping I might be able to clear that up now that Fusion is working well.

Your Fusion virtual machine is independent of the Parallels virtual machine, so it's safe to delete Parallels. You should of course first sanity check the new virtual machine to make sure it's working smoothly Smiley Happy

Since you're a new user, you may want to read .

0 Kudos
junk97account
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks again for the newbie help and kind offering of the Beginner's Guide. All too often you get the 'Read the FAQ you freaking moron' screams when you first start out.

I will sit on the Parallels files just a little longer to make sure everything is working correctly.

0 Kudos