VMware Communities
Kooler
Contributor
Contributor

Can I Still Use Fusion I Have Never Opened?

I purchased the 1.0 version of Fusion with y macBook pro about 2 years ago. Is it possible fr me to download the latest version and use the license key code or whatever it is called to install the latest version available on this website? I would like to get away from what came with Leopard and try to use Fusion.

Please let me know if you know if I can download the latest version from this website and use the code that came with the Program VMWare Fusion that is still in its box---nicely rapped up?

Thanks an d Merry CHRISTmas!

Tags (5)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

According to the Fusion 2 release information, yes. Fusion 2.x is a free upgrade for Fusion 1.x users.

0 Kudos
Kooler
Contributor
Contributor

My question was that I have not opened the box thinking if I do not use it I might be able to sell it or give it as a gift. However, I prefer Fusion over the other programs. so I wanted to make sure what I need will be in the box. Also I wanted to know if I can download Fusion with a notebook that has Leopard (and Leopard has Boot Camp) on it. Also, I am not sure what number I need and if I just download the newer version from the website (can you give that to me again since I searched several places to find the answer to my question) and use the number that is hopefully on the DVD in the box, or do I need to install v 1.0 first and than the newer version from the website? there was a rebate so I cut out the bar code to send that in when I first purchased the program and someone told me the number I need to install the program was on that section of the box I sent in for the rebate.

I appreciate your help, especially since I am not one who picks up on this stuff very easily.

Kent Tagge

0 Kudos
khughes
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

You do not need to send anything in, cut out any UPC's or anything like that. All you need to do is open up the box, find your keycode and go to where you can download the latest version of Fusion. From there once you install it it'll ask you for your keycode and you can just type in your Fusion 1.X keycode and according to the site it'll work just fine. Also on that download page is a link for any questions regarding upgrading from 1.X to 2.X

Hope that helps

• Kyle

-- Kyle "RParker wrote: I guess I was wrong, everything CAN be virtualized "
0 Kudos