VMware Communities
brandonchristel
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can Fusion see a triple boot setup with rEFIt

I'm wondering before I wipe my HD and install 3 OS's if Fusion can load a virtual machine for the other partitions, or if Fusion can only use official Boot Camp partitions.

If I can't use rEFIt, can I set up my Windows XP boot to select either XP or Linux? The way I see it is that Fusion would see the windows bootloader as if it were bootcamp...right?

Does anyone have experience with this? I haven't seen much when I searched and dont' have the time to go through with it if it doesn't work.

Thanks,

Brandon

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The only supported raw disk setup is the common case of a Boot Camp partition created with Boot Camp Assistant. You may be able to get other configurations to work with vmware-rawdiskCreator, but we don't support them.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
brandonchristel
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Anyone know if Fusion can see the other partitions?

(and a bump since it's 3rd page already)

Thanks in advance,

Brandon

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Anyone know if Fusion can see the other partitions?

Have a look at search results for rEFIt.

brandonchristel
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I did look for the earlier ones, and I had mixed results. 1.0 definitely can't see it. 2.0 looks like you bight be able to hack it to work, but I can't afford doing that.

Anyone else?

Thanks

B

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The only supported raw disk setup is the common case of a Boot Camp partition created with Boot Camp Assistant. You may be able to get other configurations to work with vmware-rawdiskCreator, but we don't support them.

0 Kudos
brandonchristel
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks. With that command I googled a lot more information on the subject. Supported or not, I think i'll give it a try.

0 Kudos