VMware Communities
ngins
Contributor
Contributor

CTRL+Click (left) Fusion 5 and 5.0.1 Problems

Hi All,

I want to do differential selection/non sequential selection in a Windows 7 OS (of files, cells in XL, outlook emails etc etc).  This has always worked fines in Fusion 3/4, since upgrading to 5 and now 5.0.1 (and updating VMWare Tools both times) I can ONLY get the functionality to work with Number Pad Enter + CLick.  CTRL+Left Click always behaves as if it is Right click and brings up the Windows Contextual Menu.

I have tried countless reboots of both guest and host and both, and also all the options under VMWare Fusion>Perferences>Mouse Shortcuts.

I have the issue using external mouse (mice as I have tried a few) and Keyboard as well as trackpad and Macbook Keypad.

Driving me NUTS!

This was all working fine before so I have no idea what has changed or if it is a bug  - anyone else with issues?

Cheers

N

By the way - sorry if this is a duplicate but I have searched the forum and I can't see anyone having had the same problem on 5/5.0.1 yet when it was working perfectly on previous versions and the only change is the Fusion update.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ngins
Contributor
Contributor

HI All,

I don't see a thread on this elsewhere in 5.0.1 - i have tried everyting regarding the other threads for previous versions - can anyone point me at some help?

BR
Neil

0 Kudos