VMware Communities
Andrey_M
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

CDS internal client error (3033)

I'm trying to create ubuntu virtual machine and got message "CDS internal client error (3033)".

Fusion 6

Screen Shot 2014-02-21 at 1.22.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-02-21 at 1.22.59 PM.png

Please help!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Reinstall of Fusion does not help.

Since VMware Fusion is trying to download the VMware Tools I'll assume you installed from the VMware-Fusion-6.0.2-1398658-light.dmg file and not the VMware-Fusion-6.0.2-1398658.dmg which contains the VMware Tools and why I suggested downloading the full installer.  I know I wasn't specific however when one sees "light" in the name I'd assume one would understand without having to be explicit and specific! Smiley Wink

Anyway, using the full installer package (VMware-Fusion-6.0.2-1398658.dmg) would have solved the issue as it already contains the latest version of VMware Tools for the product.  Although manually downing the individual VMware Tools was a faster fix as not as much to download. Smiley Happy

I think .iso files are broken here: http://softwareupdate.vmware.com/cds/vmw-desktop/fusion/6.0.2/1398658/packages/

There is nothing wrong with the files at that URL.  The error message you received was probably caused by a temporary transmission error.

I have downloaded previous version CDS Repository - /www/stage/session-31/cds/vmw-desktop/fusion/6.0.1/1331545/packages and installed them manually. That works Smiley Happy

I just manually downloaded the com.vmware.fusion.tools.linux.zip.tar file from ../6.0.2/1398658/.. and there is nothing wrong with it.  I'd suggest you use that one! Smiley Wink

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You said "I'm trying to create ubuntu virtual machine" however the screenshot says "Debian 6 64-bit"!  Debian is not Ubuntu! Smiley Wink  I make the distinction because Debian was in use for 11 years before Ubuntu descended from Debian.

Anyway...

Uninstall VMware Fusion.  Note that this does not remove any Virtual Machines you've created.

Download the Full Installer, validate against published MD5/SHA1 checksum(s) then install.

0 Kudos
Andrey_M
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have VM with Debian and Ubuntu. Menu "Update VMWare Tools" down not work in both cases.

I think .iso files are broken here: http://softwareupdate.vmware.com/cds/vmw-desktop/fusion/6.0.2/1398658/packages/

I have downloaded previous version CDS Repository - /www/stage/session-31/cds/vmw-desktop/fusion/6.0.1/1331545/packages and installed them manually. That works Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Since VMware Fusion is trying to download the VMware Tools I'll assume you installed from the VMware-Fusion-6.0.2-1398658-light.dmg file and not the VMware-Fusion-6.0.2-1398658.dmg which contains the VMware Tools and why I suggested downloading the full installer.  I know I wasn't specific however when one sees "light" in the name I'd assume one would understand without having to be explicit and specific! Smiley Wink

Anyway, using the full installer package (VMware-Fusion-6.0.2-1398658.dmg) would have solved the issue as it already contains the latest version of VMware Tools for the product.  Although manually downing the individual VMware Tools was a faster fix as not as much to download. Smiley Happy

There is nothing wrong with the files at that URL.  The error message you received was probably caused by a temporary transmission error.

I just manually downloaded the com.vmware.fusion.tools.linux.zip.tar file from ../6.0.2/1398658/.. and there is nothing wrong with it.  I'd suggest you use that one! Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Andrey_M
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you!

0 Kudos