VMware Communities
williamjwoodwar
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

CDPdrv.exe - Application Error

Hi everyone. I am getting the following message (see attached image also).

CDPdrv.eve - Application Error

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142). Click on OK to terminate the application.

I have only been getting this error since about 2-3 months ago. It seems to only occur when I try to shut down the virtual machine. I am running XP fully updated on a MacBook Pro 2008 model running 10.5.7. VMWare Fusion is also fully updated.

Does anyone know what it is and how to fix it?

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi William,

Are you using Cisco Unified Video Advantage? It looks like this process is related to that application. You could try removing this software from your virtual machine then reinstall if and see if it fixes your problem.

Kyle

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi William,

Are you using Cisco Unified Video Advantage? It looks like this process is related to that application. You could try removing this software from your virtual machine then reinstall if and see if it fixes your problem.

Kyle

0 Kudos
williamjwoodwar
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Kyle,

I do have Cisco Unified Video Advantage installed and the problems started happening after it was installed. Thanks for your help.

What exactly is the error I am getting?

Will.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi Will,

Its hard to tell exactly what is causing this error. I have tried searching for a specific solution but have not been able to find one. Some suggestions I have seen are to scan your computer for malware and check the event viewer for other possible errors that could be related. I also read it could be related to using pcAnywhere if your using that. If possible I would attempt reinstalling the Cisco software that is causing the error or see if there's a way to run a repair on the software and see if that helps.

Kyle

0 Kudos