VMware Communities
flips
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Bundled/complimentary McAfee version no longer supported

Hi!

I haven't used McAfee antivirus for a long time. But when reinstalling win7 in a VM, I decided to give the complimentary 12 month McAfee a try. Everything seemed quite nice until installation was completed ... Then, when activating the antivirus software, McAfee reported that this version is no longer supported.

So, no harm done, just some of my time wasted ... :smileycry:

But someone at VMWare and/or McAfee should probably just remove the outdated software or include a newer version.

It just gives a bad impression when you included outdated stuff ... :smileyangry:

BTW: Where is the McAfee installer binary/exe file located, so I can free up some space by deleting it? Smiley Happy

-- flips 😎
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

flips wrote: Hm, am I missing an obvious link/URL or something? Smiley Happy

No, milton123 is! Smiley Wink

The AntiVirus installer is in an ISO Image in the VMware Fusion isoimages folder and that varies depending on which version of VMware Fusion so have a look at the information in Installing VMware Tools in a Fusion virtual machine running Windows (1003417) for the location of the isoimages folder.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
milton123
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Here is the procedure delete McAfee installer binary/exe file. Have a look..

Cheers, Yours Udin

0 Kudos
flips
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hm, am I missing an obvious link/URL or something? Smiley Happy

-- flips 😎
0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

flips wrote: Hm, am I missing an obvious link/URL or something? Smiley Happy

No, milton123 is! Smiley Wink

The AntiVirus installer is in an ISO Image in the VMware Fusion isoimages folder and that varies depending on which version of VMware Fusion so have a look at the information in Installing VMware Tools in a Fusion virtual machine running Windows (1003417) for the location of the isoimages folder.

0 Kudos
flips
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ah ... :smileylaugh:

Well, a quick find revealed isoimages to be located in the /Applications/VMware Fusion.app/Contents/Library folder ...

Thanks! Smiley Happy

-- flips 😎
0 Kudos