VMware Communities
MarcoRamos
Contributor
Contributor

Bridged not working over wifi, only when connected to LAN

Hello,

I just upgraded to Mavericks, I was only Fusion 5 and everything was working fine... after I upgraded to Mavericks my internet on the vm stopped working, so I figured it was the bridged, when I select the Auto Detect Bridged it worked fine if i'm connected to LAN. However, when I got home and needed to continue working, I wanted to use the Bridged wifi but it does work, I needed to VPN using Cisco Anyconnect but again, it didn't work...

anyone else having similar issues?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
6 Replies
BSands
Contributor
Contributor

Same exact problem.  Fusion 5.0.3 with Windows 7.  Upgraded to Mavericks....flying from DC to LA and internet works perfectly on Mavericks but network is dead in the water on the virtual machine with Windows 7.  Cannot do any of my work for my job. 

0 Kudos
GrantGoodman
Contributor
Contributor

open activity monitor and check that vmnet-bridge, vmnet-dhcpd and vmet-natd processes are running.  If not you may need to start them or reinstall Fusion 6.0.1

0 Kudos
VFurM
Contributor
Contributor

Same here.  VMWare Fusion 5.0.3.  Upgraded to Mavericks.  Windows 7 guest cannot reach the outside world when configured as NAT ("Share with my Mac").  Bridging / Auto-Detect works properly.  When toggling between the two settings, there is a brief second or two where traffic passes properly when configured as NAT, then stops. 

0 Kudos
IBCDEV
Contributor
Contributor

I am seeing the same issue OSX Mavericks Upgrade breaks NAT connection.  The only fix is to go to Bridget Auto  or  Bridged Wifi.  However, your IP address will just bounce around and any dchp.conf entries are ignored.  Nightmare for developers. 

Attempted to open up internet sharing but OSX seems to force shared to a hardwired communication port.

Saying goodbye to VMWare and will look at Viturabox. 

0 Kudos
VFurM
Contributor
Contributor

This issue appears resolved in Fusion 6.  All of my VMs (Windows 7 & CentOS) have proper connectivity following the upgrade.  Upgrading the VMWare Tools was not necessary to make everything work.

0 Kudos
RJIn
Contributor
Contributor

Try adding Open DNS server inside the VM and see if internet works NAT mode.

0 Kudos