VMware Communities
deadlily
Contributor
Contributor

Bootcamp partition always getting corrupted

I have to make a new virtual machine every time I try to use Fusion. I only have one, and that's my "Boot Camp partition", as it appears in my virtual machine list. When I select it and click Run, the list duplicates it, and renames them "Boot Camp partition on /dev/disk0" and "Boot Camp partition on /dev/disk1" and then errors out, saying "Resource is busy". My only solution then is to go into Application support, trash the two machines, relaunch Fusion, drag my Boot Camp partion into the window, and select/Run it. It tells me it will take a few minutes to "prepare" the disk. When I finally get into Windows, it expresses confusion about VMware Tools, that I'll have to restart. Then an error flashes too fast to completely read, but says something about an application failing, then it restarts, and proceeds normally. Fusion then works just fine.... until the next time I need it.

I have to go through this process every single time. This has been happening in 1.0, and now in 1.1.1 it's still happening.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
deadlily
Contributor
Contributor

sigh Nobody?

0 Kudos
MPM01
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Have you tried by deleting the Boot Camp metadata?

0 Kudos
deadlily
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you. How do I do this? Where is the metadata?

0 Kudos