VMware Communities
tchin
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Boot Camp Partition

Hi there. I've installed the Fusion application onto my MacBook. After opening it from my Applications I tried running the Boot Camp partition. I get the window box stating "VMware Fusion is preparing your Boot Camp partition to run as a virtual machine. This may take a few minutes. This will only happen once." Well its been preparing for hours now. Any suggestions for this newbie to Fusion?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
guyrleech
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Sorry, this is the Server 2.0 community, you need the Fusion on.

---

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points.

-- If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
guyrleech
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Sorry, this is the Server 2.0 community, you need the Fusion on.

---

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points.

-- If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points.
0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Thread moved to Fusion forum.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Deleted duplicate thread - I don't think there's a way to mark posts as unanswered, but I'm trying to cut down on duplicates and kept this one because you've awarded points.

Can you get vmware.log from the naos helper virtual machine (see and )? This should help figure out why the process isn't finishing (it should take a few minutes, and certainly not hours).

Another thing to try is to quit Fusion, delete the /Users/$/Library/Application Support/VMware Fusion/Virtual Machines/ (unless you've added virtual disks, this shouldn't contain any data), and try again.

0 Kudos