VMware Communities
ScotteZ
Contributor
Contributor

Bluetooth mouse and keyboard disconnected when starting or stopping VMWare Fusion 10.1.1

I recently upgraded to a 2017 iMac and have the bluetooth keyboard / mouse combo.  Quite regularly, when I start Fusion (not a VM, just the Library window) the bluetooth connections to my keyboard and mouse are immediately broken and most of the time I have to reboot to re-establish those connections.  Sometimes it happens when I shutdown the Library window (no VM running)

I've contacted Apple Support and went through the NVRam / SMC resets and that did not resolve the issue.  This is quite a pain as I usually have to reboot the machine to get the connections back.

Since it happens quite regularly for me, I'm quite open to turning on any debugging etc that you would need to resolve this issue.

-- Scotte

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MatthiasE
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Others have this issue too....

Fusion 10 breaks bluetooth on macbook

It's annoying 😕

0 Kudos
Crematum
Contributor
Contributor

Same here.  Whenever I start a VM (Windows 10 on High Sierra) the mouse (and trackpad) are disconnected for a few seconds and then reconnected.  My keyboard is wired, but when I had a wireless keyboard it did the same thing.  Sometimes this also happens when I shut down the VM. 

On some occasions, the mouse never reconnects until I turn it off and then back on.  Very annoying!

How do I fix this so it no longer happens?

0 Kudos