VMware Communities
_Von
Contributor
Contributor

Bluetooth issue in F3

Hello,

I am having an issue with a software package that I use called remote professional. This is a windows app that allows me to view the screen and take screen grabs of my Nokia series 60 mobile phone over Bluetooth. I have used this app successfully on my MBP running Fusion 2.0.6 and my XP VM. I'd simply have have the VM take control of the Apple Bluetooth and once done XP recognized the bluetooth device and remote pro worked fine.

Once F3 was released, I installed it and built a Windows 7 VM of both x32 and x64 and attempted to get the remote pro package working and could not. I'd have the VM take control of the Apple Bluetooth and W7 would install its native bluetooth drivers. These appeared to install correctly as I was able to pair the Nokia phone to the W7 VM however when i attempt to use the remote pro software, it can't make the connection to the W7 (x32 or x64) VMs. I uninstalled the Windows BT drivers and grabbed my SL install disc (I am running 10.6.2 on my late 07 MBP) and installed the Apple BT drivers from the disc. No joy here. For fun, I loaded my XP VM that was working perfectly under F 2.0.6 and upgraded the VM tools and now it can see the Nokia device but remote pro can't connect.

To make sure it wasn't an issue with the remote pro software, I grabbed a usb bluetooth dongle and plugged that into the W7 VM and it immediately recognized the BT module, installed the BT drivers and after pairing with the Nokia, remote professional can make the connection to the XP, W7x32 and W7x64 VMs. THe connection is being made with the generic windows BT drivers.

Does anyone have any idea why the Apple bluetooth wouldn't be working in the cases mentioned above? The only thing I have yet to try is to replace the generic BT drivers with the Apple BT drivers from the Leopard install disc. My XP VM that was running successfully under F1 to 2.0.6 started its life as a bootcamp partition under Leopard in December 2007. I later migrated this to a standalone VM but it retained its original Apple BT drivers.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

THx

~Von

0 Kudos
0 Replies