VMware Communities
robnet
Contributor
Contributor

Bluetooth adapter / mobile phone pairing issue

First, I have to say this is some fantastic software. I was quite content simply using OS X for the best part of a year. Then I thought I would have a play with some vm toys. I've settled for VMware and have now realised how useful it is to have access to another OS at the click of a button!

RC1 fixed a few bugs, which is great. I'm close to parting with some cash for the pre-order Smiley Happy

One issue I've had is with my mobile phone (Nokia 6280) and bluetooth. I use iSync in OS X, and I would like to be able to use it with the Nokia PC suite for Windows. Currently the problem I have is that I have to re-pair my phone every time I switch operating systems. This, I believe, is due to the phone recognising the same MAC address (because it's the same MacBook bluetooth adapter) for each OS, and getting confused about pairings. I just wondered If anyone else had encountered this issue, and is there a solution?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
twynne
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I came across this post as I was looking for a solution to the same issue. Did you ever happen to find a solution?

It would seem that if the device address of the 'virtual' bluetooth device in Fusion could be overridden it would resolve this. Does anyone know if this is possible (registry hack or otherwise)?

Thanks,

Tom

0 Kudos