VMware Communities
Jim_M1
Contributor
Contributor

Bluetooth Error Code 43 with Fusion 5

I am currently evaluating Fusion so I am new to this. I am running Windows 7 Pro 64bit in Fusion 5. In Device Manager, the Bluetooth Adapter has a yellow exclamation with the error Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43. When I boot into Windows from Boot Camp, I do not see this error. Running Mac OS X 10.7.5 with Fusion 5.0.1. Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Is the Apple Bluetooth Controller connected to the VM?  If not that might be the cause of the flag in Device Manager.   Otherwise the only other suggestion I have, at the moment, is to have a look at: How To Fix Code 43 Errors - A Troubleshooting Guide for Code 43 Errors in Device Manager

0 Kudos
Jim_M1
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, it's connected to the VM. I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver. It works fine outside of Fusion.

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

The only other suggestion then the link I previously provided, which in part covers what I'm about to say, is to reinstall the Apple Boot Camp Bluetooth Driver and or all of the Apple Boot Camp Drivers and do while running the Boot Camp partition as a Virtual Machine.

Also while at one time I used to run the Boot Camp partition as a Virtual Machine nonetheless I do not do it any more because VMware just had to many issues at one point in time, although they've corrected most nonetheless I will never again.  That said and before installing the Apple Boot Camp Drivers and do while running the Boot Camp partition as a Virtual Machine if I had to, then I'd first set a Restore Point while booted natively and running as a Virtual Machine and I'd also backup my Boot Camp partition with WinClone first.

0 Kudos
Jim_M1
Contributor
Contributor

Let me give that a try. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Jim_M1
Contributor
Contributor

Still not having any luck. Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
Jim_M1
Contributor
Contributor

Went into the USB and Bluetooth settings under Virtual Machine and unchecked Share Bluetooth devices with Windows. The Bluetooth adapter disappeared. Then a Apple Bluetooth USB Controller came up that was unchecked. I checked that, it installed 2 devices in Windows. An Apple Broadcom Built-In Bluetooth and a Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator. I checked Share Bluetooth devices with Windows and the Generic Bluetooth Adaptor came back but this time with Error 10, The device cannot start. Not sure at this point whether I need to worry about this.

0 Kudos