VMware Communities
brandtsak
Contributor
Contributor

Black Screen in Vista Background

Ever since I upgraded to Fusion 2.0.4, when I boot up my guest (Vista Business) I see two screens, as though there is another virtual computer running within the virtual computer. The boot-up is also a mess: very slow with a mouse arrow that jumps around the screen. Oftentimes there's a large blackscreen in the upper left corner of the virtual machine. (I've attached a screen shot). Sometimes the blackscreen goes away and I see the Vista background, but it's the backround of a new screen, not the continuation of the regular screen. This issue was not present when I ran 2.0. I de-selected 3D accelerated graphics and tried it again and no change. I'm running Mac OS X 10.5.6 on a Mac Pro and my graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT. Any help would be great.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Ever since I upgraded to Fusion 2.0.4, when I boot up my guest (Vista Business) I see two screens, as though there is another virtual computer running within the virtual computer.

Got to Foundstone (A division of McAfee) - Free Tools and under the Forensic Tools section download ShoWin and use it to gather some information about that window you're seeing and report back.

0 Kudos