VMware Communities
didymus_alpha
Contributor
Contributor

Banned from downloading VMWare Fusion for a class that *only* has VMWare-type virtual machines?

This is what I get when I click any relevant VMWare Fusion download links in my profile. There used to be a page here. This started happening after I changed my last name. I *had* just the first letter, but I changed it to my full last name. I did this because it told me there was a problem with my information. I even went ahead and put my schools address for the 'company address'. I've never had to do all of this. I've downloaded the software in the past without all of this. I'm guessing a security audit flagged my account for not having "real" information. The information is real. You can call the phone number if you wnat.

I *really* need VMWare Fusion. I don't want to clutter up your system with new accounts, but I'm going to have to. I've tried calling and they barely understood me. This is so bad. I'm screwed if I don't figure this out ASAP.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
didymus_alpha
Contributor
Contributor

When I click `Register` it brings me to that same error page. I am positive this is related to my information in my profile, but it wasn't ever like "123 Main St." it was real. I just used my first initial of my last name instead of my full last name. I've rectified that.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Tried a private/incognito browser window with no ad-blocker enabled?

Note that VMTN is a user community forum, you’re not “talking” with VMware in any official kind of capacity here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

You can always download the trial.. (pro and player are the same bits)

Alternatively use the "download latest version" link: https://vmware.com/go/getfusion

No account needed and you can run it for 30 days in trial mode.

For getting a player license, follow Scott's suggestions.

--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
Mikero
Community Manager
Community Manager

We do not ban users from downloading our products or registering for the Personal Use key for Fusion Player, full stop.

Like others have said, try incognito/private browsing mode.

-
Michael Roy - Product Marketing Engineer: VCF
0 Kudos