VMware Communities
_Von
Contributor
Contributor

BUg: Mavericks + Win 8.1 + Fusion 5.0.3 + Android File Transfer

Yes I know that I am not running the most-current version and no, I did not search to see if someone else has reported this but here is my issue...posting this in a state of anger after I lost a doc that I was working on when this happened.

Using the items combo listed in the subject line, if I plug in an Android device or unplug the Android from the USB connection while Fusion is in focus, I lose keyboard and mouse control. The only key that functions is power to get me to the login screen and when there the KB nor mouse doesn't function. The only recovery is a hard reset of the Mac which is the current generation MBP.

Anyone else run into this?  Does v6 solve the issue?

THx

0 Kudos
1 Reply
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

I don't have, and probably will never have, an Android device as my Apple devices do what I need so I cannot say whether or not you'd have the same issue in VMware Fusion 6.  What I will say is that VMware Fusion 5 is not officially supported on a OS X 10.9 Mavericks Host so having issues isn't unexpected and you can download VMware Fusion 6 and use if free for 30 days.  That way you can test on your own system using your own device and see if it resolves the issue before deciding whether or not you'd like to purchase it.  I'd make a backup of the VM and then take a snapshot before using it under VMware Fusion 6 then you can revert to the previous snapshot if you decide to stick with the unsupported VMware Fusion 5 on the OS X 10.9 Mavericks Host.

0 Kudos