VMware Communities
vastslug
Contributor
Contributor

BSOD on bootcamp startup

Hi All,

We deploy winXP to our bootcamp partitions using Winclone to deploy a sysprep-ed image containing the bootcamp 1.4 beta drivers.

When using VMware Fusion to boot the bootcamp partition we get the blue screen of death (before login screen). As a result we can't boot XP out of vmware...

Ideas anyone? I have also tried the 1.1 beta with no effect.

Test machines, Imac 5,1 Imac 7,1 MacPro, MacbookPro

BSOD info: Stop: 0x0000007B (0XF8AA7524, 0xc00000034,0x00000000,0x00000000)

If we do a manual install of XP and drivers VMWare works fine.

0 Kudos
23 Replies
usmkehnc
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All,

vastslug has been trying to help me with a similar issue here: http://communities.vmware.com/message/787512

I changed the SCSI to FALSE and still have problems. There is another SCSI reference in my .vmx file. I have attached it so there is some additional information here. I would really like to get my Boot Camp Partition to work in VMware.

0 Kudos
timrease
Contributor
Contributor

Was there a fix for this that I missed? I have the same/similar problem. First time with Fusion and i downloaded it on Friday. I'm running on a MBP OSX 10.5.1 with a bootcamp partition. The bootcamp/WindowsXP partition runs fine when I boot directly (both from using the startup selector or with REFedit). But with Fusion, I get the BSOD and the 7B error message. I also changed the scsi field from TRUE to FALSE but it did not work.

Thanks for any help.

Tim Rease

Amsterdam

0 Kudos
usmkehnc
Contributor
Contributor

I gave up and installed XP from within VMWare. It was determined that it was possibly due to the install of XP I was using, that may not have had the "Genuine Advantage"]:) VMware works great with the new install.

0 Kudos
timrease
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for the reply. I had seen your comments yet this is a genuine SP2 installation installed from a Windows media. I have put in a support request and will post the results here. I had looked over the rest of the forum and the only thing different was that my intelide.sys driver was version 5.1.2600.2180 as it was supposed to be but it had a date of 3-3-2007 instead of 4-aug-2004. I also had tried Parallels successfully a while back. So I dont know what the problem is. I would really like it to work.

Regards from Amsterdam,

Tim

0 Kudos