VMware Communities
oddz
Contributor
Contributor

Autoprotect needs fixing...

Hello all,

At the moment, I'm finding the autoprotect feature very very frustrating. Its a brilliant idea in concept, but VMware have executed it poorly.

The issues i see are:

1) The scheduling of autoprotects is just stupid. 30 mins, 1 hour, 1 day. I understand that's the time is incremental as the vm runs (ie 1 day isnt every day, but 1 day worth of running the vm). But how about some more options like on the weekend only.

2) How about a cancel/postpone button just before an autoprotect is about to start. If i'm out on site, showing a client some stuff in windows, i cannot have my macbook slow down to a turtles pace for 15-20 mins. Its jut not good enough. Which brings me to point 3.

3) Why does it completely annheliate my system performance during and up to 10-15 mins after its completed an autoprotect. I have a brand new Macbook Pro with 8GB of RAM running snow leopard. This shouldnt happen but from would I've read, it happens to alot of people!

I'm a software engineer and to me, option 1 & 2 seem really simple to implement! I would have thought with the release of VMware Fusion 4, they might have done it then.

If anyone else has issues they have, please feel free to add.

Cheers

0 Kudos
0 Replies