VMware Communities
Betazero
Contributor
Contributor

Autocad 2008 and Fusion 5

I am getting some bad behaviors in Autocad 2008 with the mouse and windows 7. It will jump a huge distance while in a command. Also the mouse will vanish and I have to minimize the program then maximize it. It happens many times during the day. This is the only application I use Fusion for and its really getting annoying. What can I do? Is this a known bug?? Will windows 8 get rid of this problem??

0 Kudos
5 Replies
avanish321
Expert
Expert

try changing the general preference  settings of Virtual Machine.

Open VMware Fusion preferences. In General tab select drop-down menu item and change it from "Always optimize mouse for games" to "Never optimize mouse for games".

This has resolved similar issue reported.

Refer Re: mouse trouble using autocad

Cheers! Avanish
0 Kudos
Betazero
Contributor
Contributor

I Have done that but it did not work. I don't have choppy behavior. It's a random coordinates jump with the mouse. It's almost like the x and y get some kind of random number into it and the mouse jumps to that for a second. Also it will vanish less often and I have to minimize autocad then maximize it. Anything else I can try?

0 Kudos
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

Have you upgraded the virtual hardware and VMWare tools in the guest?

0 Kudos
Betazero
Contributor
Contributor

THe vmtools yes. Not really sure how to upgrade the hardware drivers. Is that not handled by upgrading the vm tools?

0 Kudos
Betazero
Contributor
Contributor

So am I really the only one having this problem? Help!!! Anything else I can do? Are there suppose to be 3 drivers under the USB thing in device manager for mice? Is there an alternate driver I can try?

0 Kudos