VMware Communities
vr8ce
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Are printers visible in Fusion 11?

Fusion 11.0.2 on OSX 10.12.6, Win10 1803 guest.

When printing stopped working after a Fusion upgrade (from 8.5), I did the usual things: turned "Share Mac printers" off, uninstall and reinstall tools, turn Share printers back on. When it still didn't work, I came looking here, and found there was a new thing to install in Fusion 11. (Still trying to figure out how we were supposed to know to do that.) So I installed the Virtual Printer.

The good news is that I could then print from Access, which is what I was trying to do.

The not so good news is that the printers aren't visible in Windows like they were in 8.5, at least in the standard printer area.

Are the available printers not visible in the standard Windows "Printers & scanners" area? Are they visible anywhere, other than an app's menu?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RickShu
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi vr8ce,

Sometimes you may have to wait for a while in Windows "Printers & scanners" area until the printer status refresh itself. If it does not work, open VM Settings panel, turn "Share Mac printers" off, power off the VM, turn "Share Mac printers" on and then boot up the Windows once again.

Regards,

-Rick

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RickShu
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi vr8ce,

Sometimes you may have to wait for a while in Windows "Printers & scanners" area until the printer status refresh itself. If it does not work, open VM Settings panel, turn "Share Mac printers" off, power off the VM, turn "Share Mac printers" on and then boot up the Windows once again.

Regards,

-Rick

0 Kudos
vr8ce
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I waited 24 hours, so that wasn't it. Smiley Happy And I had already gone through the off/reboot/on cycle once, but I did it again and it took this time.

As I mentioned, what was weird is that the Windows apps had the printer list, but Windows itself didn't. Weird. But now it does. Thanks again.

0 Kudos