VMware Communities
foznot
Contributor
Contributor

Apps reacting very sluggish inside fusion 1.1

After my clean install of Leopard on my Mac Pro, I installed the 1.1 candidate of Fusion. I am using the Virtual Disk that I used on Tiger with all my applications intact. For some reason, the screen refresh of application screens has become very sluggish, where as in Tiger, they were super fast, even compared to PC hardware. I have plenty of RAM in my Mac Pro. The virtual machine is configured with the recommended 512 of RAM (which I tried to increase slightly to see if the VM needed a little more system RAM). Still, screens like within Quicken 2008, you can see the refresh of the screen start at the top in a wave, refreshing down to the bottom. Never have I seen this. Anything I can try?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
rcardona2k
Immortal
Immortal

Have you updated the VMware Tools in the virtual machine? These are necessary for optimized performance after upgrading Fusion. Choose Virtual Machine > install VMware Tools. If you have updated them, you can also try Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > VMware Tools > Change > Repair.

0 Kudos
foznot
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion....I did check the tools and even performed Change > Repair, but still seeing the symptom.

0 Kudos
rcardona2k
Immortal
Immortal

Just double checking that the VMware Tools icon > About says 7.6.1 61385 or newer?

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

?

0 Kudos
foznot
Contributor
Contributor

That procedure solved my problem! It seems to be the SVGA driver! Thanks a lot for your help!

0 Kudos
foznot
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, that version is what I have! etung suggested a solution that worked to fix. Thanks

0 Kudos
rcardona2k
Immortal
Immortal

Glad you got it solved. I have .NET 3.0 in a snapshot somewhere but I had not noticed the problem or I haven't run it in 1.1 RC yet. I'll keep this in mind.

0 Kudos